Pumpkin Spice m&m’s - Target : Deptford, NJ
Sorry for the delay, but here is the written review of the new pumpkin spice m&m’s.(I posted a video review HERE.)
After I saw THIS post over on The Impulsive Buy I went crazy and called 5 different Target stores in the area. Most of them didn’t have this flavor in stock, but I was finally able to track down 2 bags. One was a gift to my boyfriend, and the other was for reviewing.
Design-wise, all of the m&m bags have the same layout with the only differences being the color scheme and featured character. This flavor features the ever-nervous orange m&m with some pumpkins. Nothing fancy, it gets the job done, but the beige background doesn’t help it stand out on the shelves. (Which may be why I was able to grab these two bags, I think a lot of people passed them by thinking they were normal m&m’s with fall colors.)
Why did I go crazy over these m&m’s? Because I am one of those insane pumpkin and pumpkin spice people. Most of you might remember last fall when I reviewed tons of pumpkin items. (I almost made it a full 30 days!)
With that being said, this will be the first official review for Pumpkin Haul 2013!
Let’s get to the actual candy review…
Once I opened the bag there was a very mild spiced aroma, but what I really smelled was chocolate. Milk chocolate. WHY WOULD THE MARS COMPANY MAKE THESE MILK CHOCOLATE? When I first found out about these I assumed that they would use a white chocolate base and mix in the spices, like the Carrot Cake m&m's. They didn't.
I know the bag didn’t say “white chocolate” but I still secretly hoped it was a design flaw.
As you saw in my video, I popped one into my mouth, and there was a very mild hint of pumpkin spice, but it is almost entirely lost in the milk chocolate. I gave the other bag to my boyfriend as a gift, and he agreed that it was almost like eating a normal bag of candy. For the record there is a mild spiciness, but it is more cinnamon than anything else. In the end you are left with a traditional milk chocolate m&m taste in your mouth.
Mars dropped the ball on this one. Pumpkin Spice m&m’s could have been absolutely amazing, especially after the success they had with the carrot cake variety, I have no idea what they were thinking.
While I am happy I got to try these for myself I can’t say I’m anything but disappointed.
What a downer.
On a pumpkin-y scale of 1-5 (5 being extremely pumpkin-y) I would rate this a .5, or maybe even a 0.
© Maria Smith http://poison-and-antidote.net
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!
- sweetlostlittleprincess reblogged this from fuckyeahallhallowseve and added:
- sweetlostlittleprincess likes this
- youngloveleroy likes this
- seafoam-mermaid likes this
- maiden-of-many-faces reblogged this from fuckyeahallhallowseve
- syd-er-knee reblogged this from fuckyeahallhallowseve
- mrshannahbonez likes this
- jb9091 likes this
- a-girl-interupted likes this
- sardonic-allures likes this
- beewitched-musings reblogged this from fuckyeahallhallowseve and added:
- katikrueger likes this
- ravenquinnet reblogged this from fuckyeahallhallowseve
- ravenquinnet likes this
- marinmydoll likes this
- octoberwoods reblogged this from xompeii
- jakcc likes this
- springtiming likes this
- exsqueeze likes this
- sevelittlemonsters reblogged this from xompeii
- xompeii reblogged this from myhalloweenlove
- thatshobgoblin likes this
- lumisade reblogged this from fuckyeahallhallowseve
- lumisade likes this
- situationcritical reblogged this from itsannabelle
- itsannabelle reblogged this from fuckyeahallhallowseve
- iameverlark likes this
- myhalloweenlove reblogged this from fuckyeahallhallowseve and added:
- myhalloweenlove likes this
- amyangel96 likes this
- amyangel96 reblogged this from fuckyeahallhallowseve and added:
- longlostlove likes this
- duckieoverblane likes this
- en-trollunge likes this
- fuckyeahallhallowseve reblogged this from sometimesfoodie
- skytropic likes this
- off-key-but-in-tune likes this
- apatheticpoison likes this
- sanctussunyata reblogged this from sometimesfoodie and added:
- sanctussunyata likes this
- gourmet-home likes this
- melodear likes this
- sometimesfoodie posted this