Bake it, fry it, mash it into bread…I just love zucchini.
My boyfriend and I had some really yummy zucchini fries at the Amish market the other day, and I was craving some more, so I found this recipe.
I made a few modifications:
I only had white flour on hand, so I used that instead of the whole wheat that is recommended in the original recipe.
I used 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs and one cup of Italian style. This was done because I just didn’t have enough Panko. The results were still crispy and delicious, but I imagine they are even crispier without the substitution.
I also added some shredded Parmesan Cheese to the breadcrumb mixture. Parmesan goes really well with zucchini and I had some left over in the fridge.
The finished fries were healthier than the ones I had at the Amish market (which were fried in oil) but just as tasty. I really like the look of the finished fries too! These would make a pretty impressive side dish for a summer get-together or BBQ.
© Maria Smith http://poison-and-antidote.net
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!
- stichnbitchnbake likes this
- maudysfr reblogged this from sometimesfoodie
- yumsandyummies reblogged this from sometimesfoodie
- spiral-nebula reblogged this from sometimesfoodie
- spiral-nebula likes this
- gourmet-home reblogged this from sometimesfoodie
- gourmet-home likes this
- yenue reblogged this from sometimesfoodie
- yenue likes this
- sanctussunyata likes this
- sometimesfoodie posted this